In today’s episode of the Second in Command podcast, Cameron chats with Bastian Bergmann, co-founder and COO of Solsten, an AI firm engaged in understanding human behavior in the digital world to power the future of customer experience. During the conversation, they explore the intricacies of managing globally distributed teams. Emphasizing the importance of good communication, proactive work ethics, and cultural sensitivity, Bastian highlights how these elements are vital for remote teamwork. He shares Solsten’s approach to fostering a cohesive culture despite geographical distances, including annual team offsites and encouraging cross-functional team gatherings.
They discuss the revolutionary intersection of gaming and business strategy. Bastian illuminates how Solsten harnesses consumer insights to redefine customer engagement in the gaming industry. He discusses innovative strategies like product placement and interactive game integrations for brands, showcasing examples from companies like Burberry and Mountain Dew. He also offers a window into the future of digital marketing and consumer engagement, emphasizing the growing significance of the gaming platform in global business strategies.
Bastian also reflects on his journey as Solsten’s COO and co-founder. He shares the foundation of his long-standing friendship and partnership with Solsten’s CEO, underscoring the importance of trust and effective communication in their professional relationship. He also offers candid insights into the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship, including navigating venture capital and maintaining a balance between personal connection and professional growth.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The importance of effective communication and proactive work ethics in remote teams.
- Strategies for fostering a cohesive culture despite geographical distances, like annual team offsites and regular cross-functional gatherings.
- The impact of cultural backgrounds on communication styles and the importance of mutual understanding.
- Insights into how consumer engagement is being redefined in the gaming industry.
- The personal journey of being a COO and co-founder, as well as the role of trust and communication in co-founder relationships.
- The importance of focusing on building a profitable business versus solely relying on venture funding.
- And much more…
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable”
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders