In today’s episode, Cameron talks to Raquel Izumi, PhD, who is COO at Vincerx Pharma. Raquel shares her remarkable career path and her transition from a science-oriented background to taking on a leadership role in the competitive biotechnology industry. She candidly shares about the company’s growth and challenges, including going public and navigating a stock market crash. She believes in leading by example and has even participated in clinical trials, showing her strong commitment to the cause.
Raquel elaborates on her successful partnership with CEO Ahmed Hamdy, highlighting their successful collaboration in building multiple companies. She also shares insights into her continued development as a leader, driven by a desire to inspire other women in the field.
What You’ll Learn in this Show:
- A fun challenge for listeners to guess the meaning of “Ph.D.” before Raquel discloses it.
- About Vincerx and its focus on next-gen cancer treatment.
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
- The importance of teamwork in drug development.
- Her proactive approach to acquiring business skills as a scientist.
- The highs and lows of building their company.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Second in Command Podcast on YouTube
Get Cameron’s Course: Invest in Your Leaders