Share This Episode On:
In today’s episode, Cameron delves into the crucial role of the COO and introduces the COO Alliance, a community exclusively for COOs or second-in-command professionals. He also mentions the recent launch of The Ops Spot for operations professionals reporting to the COO.
The discussion touches on the importance of CEOs understanding themselves and the company’s culture before making a key hire like a COO. Cameron highlights fundamental qualities that are integral to a COO’s role, irrespective of the specific skills required.
Cameron also shares an example where his former company hired a COO with an impressive corporate background. However, this decision resulted in a misalignment with the company’s culture and ineffective leadership. Additionally, Cameron advises a three-month onboarding approach for new COOs.
For those seeking in-depth insights, Cameron’s book, “Second in Command,” and his course, “Invest in Your Leaders,” are highly recommended resources.
Tune in for an enlightening and informative discussion.
What You’ll Learn in this Show:
- The importance of participating in various mastermind groups and communities.
- The crucial role of the COO, or second-in-command.
- A customized approach to hiring a COO.
- A common mistake in hiring for the COO role.
- Understanding “seasons” in a company’s growth for a COO hire.
- Common mistakes new COOs make, especially in their first 90 days.
- One of the best ways for COOs to improve systems and processes.
- And so much more…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Second in Command Podcast on YouTube
Get Cameron’s Course: Invest in Your Leaders
Get Cameron’s book The Second in Command