Our guest today is the COO of HomeToGo, Valentin Gruber.
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of holiday rentals, listing millions of offers across thousands of trusted partners. Valentin spent 2 years as CRO refining the Customer Support program by fuelling it with Salesforce to create a new B2B2C CRM tool across the company
Prior to joining HomeToGo, Valentin spent seven years with Audibene building up the company’s subsidiaries. This involved time spent internationally (Netherlands, Switzerland, USA) and building and scaling both the B2B & B2C sales teams. He then moved to the German headquarters as Country Head.
Valentin studied Management and Finance at the University of Kentucky for a year, before attending WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management in Germany.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- What HomeToGo sets up and how it differentiates itself from others around its space
- The state of the funding phase when Valein first joined HomeToGo
- Some of the challenges of growth and how the politics in the organization are handled
- How culture in the tech sector is viewed in Germany as it’s seen in the USA
- Ways Valentin adapted from the CRO to COO role
Connect with Valentin Gruber: LinkedIn
HomeToGo – https://www.hometogo.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders