From a very young age, Alia J. Daniels recognized the power of representation within the media. Quickly identifying how few women looked like her across entertainment, business and politics, Alia became determined to make an impact. She equipped herself with bachelor’s degrees in Music and Communications Studies with a Mass Media emphasis from Albion College, and a Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School and sought out to change the face of media.
As a business and entertainment attorney, Alia has not only represented clients in the digital entertainment and tech space but is also a featured speaker on the ever-changing streaming entertainment arena. Since 2015, Alia has been consistently named to the prestigious Southern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers for six years in a row.
Today, Alia has found her niche at the intersection of entrepreneurship, entertainment and social impact as Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer for Revry, a global queer streaming tv network. As an advocate for inclusion for all underrepresented communities, the cornerstone of Alia’s personal mission is to create avenues for authentic representation in media and business.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- What Alia pulled from her experience in law school that she uses in her career today
- What Revry is, it’s function towards the queer community and how it’s grown
- How Alia and leadership team stay on the same page from a vision perspective to figure out the proper execution
- The importance of inclusive representation in the media
- What decisions are being made that are allowing Revry to stay lean and to grow
Connect with Alia J. Daniels: LinkedIn
Revry – https://revry.tv
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable