Ever wondered how to successfully navigate the world of private equity and business growth? In this episode, Matt Lesser takes us through his early days in the family business, the challenges he faced, and the mentors who shaped his path. He delves into the intricacies of private equity, highlighting the importance of understanding the ethos and structure of PE firms. Matt’s journey is not just about business; it’s also about personal growth, leadership, and the power of relationships. From building flourishing organizations to the importance of not going it alone, Matt’s insights are both profound and practical.
What You’ll Learn in this Show:
- The role of mentorship in Matt’s early career.
- The intricacies of private equity and what to look out for when selling to a PE firm.
- The importance of due diligence when considering a partnership.
- The concept of a triple bottom line approach in business.
- The power of empathy, empowerment, and excellence in building organizations.
- The significance of personal and professional growth.
- The value of having a personal board of directors.
- The power of mentorship cannot be overstated. Asking questions and being hungry to learn can pave the way for success.
- When considering a partnership with a PE firm, due diligence is crucial. Understand their ethos, hold time, and how they’re funded.
- Embrace the power of relationships in business. Whether it’s through a personal board of directors or seeking advice, there’s strength in companionship.
- And so much more!
- “Unsatisfied: When Less is More” by Matt Lesser
- “The Dream Manager” by Matthew Kelly
- Floyd Consulting
Get Cameron’s latest book: The Second in Command – Unleash the Power of Your COO
Subscribe to our YouTube channel – Second in Command Podcast on YouTube