Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Our guest today is Rick Dietz, President of Advent.
Rick was brought into Advent by a private equity firm to report to the founders, Dr. Madan Kandula and Dr. Gwen Kandula and grow the organization. The conversation covers many areas, including how Rick came into the organization, and why he focuses on developing people. Advent is currently in the process of changing out the entire management team for new leadership. Rick offers insights on transitioning people, as well as his thoughts around the use of data and how Advent uses data to make decisions. They explore the challenges of working with a PE firm and how that’s changed the organization. He also shares his experiences of being an outside hire and coming into the organization.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Why Rick believes in using data to make more informed decisions.
- His previous work in practice management within the fertility space.
- How the company culture has adjusted with the scaling and the injection of capital.
- The various considerations that have to be addressed when making changes to the leadership team.
- The importance of regular check-ins with the team.
Connect with Rick: LinkedIn
Connect with Cameron: Website | LinkedIn
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable”
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders