Our guest today is COO Alliance Member Glen Raven’s VP of Operations, Randy Blackston.
As VP of Operations, Randy is responsible for global manufacturing of the Sunbrella Branded Products. He’s also directly responsible for the operations of 5 manufacturing plants with 1,500 associates.
His biggest achievement includes the design, engineered staffing plan with job specs, plant layout and machinery specification for the million square foot operations facility in Anderson, South Carolina. Randy led the corporate wide sustainability initiative, achieving landfill free status in all operations in North America, France, and China.
Randy has an expansive amount of skills and experiences with Glen Raven, being at the company for over 29 years.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How a family owned business can thrive with multiple relatives
- What Randy focuses on during day to day operations
- How the business differs in different countries globally
- How the pandemic affected Glen Raven’s employees and their work conditions
- How to socialize change inside a company that has old systems which need to be modernized
Connect with Randy Blackston: LinkedIn
Glen Raven – https://glenraven.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders