Our guest today is the Marketing Director of The Hustle, Scott Nixon.
The Hustle was acquired by HubSpot in 2021. Before the acquisition, Scott served as Head of Product and Growth, where he grew the daily email newsletter 50% Y/Y to 1.5m+ readers — and premium subscription 500% Y/Y to 10k+ paid subscribers.
Prior, he developed the premium subscription for TechCrunch, led user acquisition at Surfline, and established the internal media buying department at Propel Media. He enjoys building products that people love and developing full funnel marketing strategies.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Why Scott made the decision to leave TechCrunch for The Hustle
- Modern growth secrets to scaling a business
- The Hustle’s approach to press coverage
- What made the trends community on Facebook so engaging
- Scott’s reaction to The Hustle’s acquisition and how he managed the process
Connect with Scott Nixon: LinkedIn
The Hustle – https://thehustle.co
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders