Our guest today is the COO of Boomi, Chris Port.
Chris is responsible for the support, services, success, and strategy functions within the company. Chris led the Dell acquisition of Boomi in 2011 and was responsible for the company’s integration and growth post-acquisition.
Previously, Chris was a General Manager within Dell Software’s Systems Management Business Unit, where he was one of the first team members when the organization was formed. Chris brings a range of experiences to Boomi, with his career spanning software, corporate strategy, corporate development, operations, and finance.
Chris was also a senior manager at Kurt Salmon Associates, a global consultancy focused on the retail and consumer products sectors, and spent a year living abroad in Japan. Chris holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from Georgia Tech and an MBA from Duke University.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Needing to be the smartest for your role vs needing access to the information needed for your role in today’s modern age
- What lessons Chris learned when buying a small company and how to get acquired easier when selling
- How Chris accelerated Boomi’s growth
- How to work cooperatively with the bigger corporate organizations
- How to utilize the customer advisory board
Connect with Chris Port: LinkedIn
Boomi – https://boomi.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders