Our guest today is COO Alliance Member, Michael Sedio, the COO and Vice President of the Better Business Bureau.
Michael Sedio doesn’t just work at the Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest, he loves it. He joined the team in 2008 armed with a BA in Global Studies planning to have his first “professional” job while he prepared for law school. Working full time at the BBB and attending the University of San Diego School of Law in the evenings brought together an awareness of two related, but distinct concepts: what is legal and what is right.
Michael fell in love with a career at the BBB he never intended to have, worked his way up through just about every operational role in the organization, and since 2013 has had the extraordinary privilege of helping good businesses be better by serving as the COO and General Counsel.
Michael is also an avid hiker, dedicated Star Trek fan, and married with two daughters.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to pull law in without becoming too legal with his operational role in the BBB
- How COOs can communicate better with inhouse or outside legal counsel
- More about the BBB and how they join the conversation about business rapport along with Google
- How the BBB not only displays critical reviews of businesses but also rewards credible businesses
- How COVID affected the BBB business as a whole
- Conflict management and how to grow from it
Connect with Michael Sedio: LinkedIn
Better Business Bureau – https://www.bbb.org
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders