Our guest today is Kate Erickson. She is known as the Engine at Entrepreneurs On Fire, which is an award winning podcast where John Lee Dumas interviews inspiring Entrepreneurs who are truly ON FIRE. She is also the co-author of The Podcast Journal: Idea to Launch in 50 Days.
In 2008, Kate earned her degree in English with high hopes of becoming a college professor, but realized it was far from becoming a reality due to funding cuts across the state of California, so she went after any job she could get which eventually placed her into the HR department at a bank.
In 2013, Kate left her corporate job at an advertising and marketing agency to create the life she wanted to live as an entrepreneur. Working with John Lee Dumas, founder and host of Entrepreneurs On Fire, she is active as John’s partner, achieving fulfillment and loving what she does as the Engine of the company, helping entrepreneurs achieve financial and lifestyle freedom through developing systems and processes that can help their business scale and grow.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to balance a personal and professional relationship
- What parts of John and Kate’s podcast makes it successful
- What occurred that caused Kate to see the shine in her abilities to apply towards the business
- What some of the secrets are to finding really good VAs and what the onboarding process looks like
- Identifying the systems that make the business more successful
- What the criteria is to say yes or no to outside requests
Connect with Kate Erickson: LinkedIn
Entrepreneurs On Fire – https://www.eofire.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s Online Course Invest In Your Leaders