Our guest today is COO Alliance Member, Dana Berg the COO of SADA Systems.
As Chief Operating Officer, Dana Berg is driven by the singular mission of identifying and implementing innovative solutions that create competitive advantages for our customers. With over 20 years of experience in the information technology field, he has developed a passion for building and leading high-powered teams that deliver customer-centric services with consistency and quality.
Dana began his professional career with PricewaterhouseCoopers/IBM. While working for some of the world’s largest customers (Honda, Fluor Daniel, Baxter, Beckman Coulter), Dana began to appreciate the value of delivering excellence on complex engagements through the execution of proven project methodologies.
With an early focus on Enterprise Content Management within the Life Sciences industry, Dana leveraged his expertise at the global biotech Amgen where he implemented some of the world’s largest regulated solutions supporting the information needs of Clinical Operations, Manufacturing, and Medical Affairs.
Building on this experience, over the past 10 years Dana has since specialized and been a thought leader on digital transformation. Working closely with the best technology providers in the market, he has been responsible for leading strategy and providing operational management for some of the country’s best delivery organizations. At SADA Systems, Dana continues his passionate work for customers by leading all delivery and service functions within the organization.
Dana received his Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering & Computer Science from the University of Southern California (USC).
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to play and offer humor into your relationship with your CEO without it getting in the way of your professional relationship
- How to handle company politics among 400+ employees
- Cultivating a people-first work culture
- What to do in the first 90 days coming in as the COO/second-in-command
- What makes a company sell for a maximum valuation, and go through the process so it doesn’t intimidate your employees
- What’s a success like for selling to a Fortune 1000 company and how do you prevent yourself from being strung along
- How to stay agile and nimble when you’re a big company
Connect with Dana Berg: LinkedIn
SADA – https://sada.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s Online Course Invest In Your Leaders