Our guest today is Michael Koenig, the Chief Operating Officer of Time Doctor, a remote company made up of 150 people spread across 40 countries. He was brought on in May 2020 to operationalize the company during a phase of explosive growth, and to scale the organization.
Michael is a passionate promoter of remote work. He got his first taste of it as an early employee at Automattic, the makers of the website platform WordPress, where he spent six years helping increase their market share to power over 35% of websites.
Through his years of leadership experience at Automattic, Time Doctor, and Sweet, he participates as a Techstars mentor and serves as a board member and advisor to startups and nonprofits.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Michael was able to lean on good mentors for guidance
- Lessons learned from working remotely
- The benefits of helping your employees excel in their roles
- How someone who wears a lot of hats in a company is able to succeed
- What Michael was able to get right as COO through experience
Connect with Michael Koenig: LinkedIn
Time Doctor – https://www.timedoctor.com
Tech Stars – https://www.techstars.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders