Diligent Corporation is the largest governance, risk and compliance (“GRC”) SaaS provider serving over 23,000 organizations around the globe. Lisa is responsible for commercial growth and performance. Prior to joining Diligent, she served as EVP of Strategic Business Operations at Salesforce.
Lisa also held leadership positions at Visa, Inc., and KnowledgeX, and co-founded Valubond, prior to the company’s acquisition by Knight Capital. Lisa received a bachelor’s degree from Stanford University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. She serves on the Board of Directors of Colgate-Palmolive Company and is deeply involved in two non-profits where she previously served on the board, Playworks and the Presidio YMCA.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Hiring based on candidates with education versus natural grit
- How to build trust and alignment with the CEO
- When to ask provocative questions to stir debates and resolve potential problems
- Diligent Corporation’s flywheel
- The first 90 days of being a new COO at a fast-paced company during the start of COVID
Connect with Lisa Edwards: LinkedIn
Diligent Corporation – https://www.diligent.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders