Our guest today is WRA Environmental Consultants’ VP of Operations, Miles Gullingsrud.
Miles has more than 15 years of experience leading critical operational support including project delivery, technology, people, and culture. With a professional background in administration, finance, and technology, Miles brings a blended experience of organizational process and operational delivery.
Miles’ background in operations ranges from large-scale, procedural companies, to early stage startup environments. The common thread in his work in both types of organizations is a high level of people centricity, and building systems to support people in their work.
Miles earned a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of California, Riverside and is a certified project manager. He is active in a number of professional organizations including the ManKind Project, a nonprofit training organization that offers life-changing experiential training for men, and The Operators Guild, a national organization for senior level operators to share expertise and best practices.
Miles lives in Oakland with his wife and three year-old daughter. His favorite activities are cooking and playing music — guitar, bass, drums, piano, and vocals.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Miles got involved in helping the environment with WRA Environmental Consultants
- How WRA’s functions and works towards bettering the environment
- How Miles manages projects and what he chose to unwind and develop during his transition into the company
- How the culture evolved when the pandemic began to take fruition
- Themes that Miles focused on when interviewing potential new employees
- How Miles filters ideas into different silos of what should be done now versus what should be set further down the road
- Understanding the different approaches between the CEO and COO with clients and management and what areas Miles is currently growing in
Connect with Miles Gullingsrud: LinkedIn
WRA Environmental Consultants – https://wra-ca.com
The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter, Updated and Expanded: Learn more
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable