Our guest today is Bader Scott Injury Lawyers’ Managing Partner, Luis Scott.
Heralded as a Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star,” The National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40” and American Institute of Legal Counsels “10 Best Attorneys in 2017” for Worker’ Compensation, Luis focuses his legal practice on people who have been injured or disabled in serious accidents. As the Managing Partner of the Firm, Luis works on the strategic planning of the Firm and guides every aspect of the Firm to excel in the overall mission of standing up for the clients, standing by our work, and standing with each other.
Luis began his legal career in 2001, as an intern and interpreter for the Chief Magistrate Court Judge of Clayton County. Subsequently interpreting in civil litigation, mediations and criminal proceedings, he joined a firm and rose through the ranks from a part time interpreter in 2004 to the managing partner of the firm just 10 years later.
With his broad range of experience, Luis understands million-dollar victories aren’t like in the movies—won with a single flashy courtroom speech. Cases are won because a team of experts work together, determined to get the job done. It takes a team of dedicated professionals to get the job done.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- What are some of the big lessons Luis learned on his own to scaling out a company that he didn’t get from law school
- How Luis keeps in sync with Seth, the CEO of Bader Scott Injury Lawyers
- What the Decision Filter is and how it can help to sift through the many ideas that can come up between CEO and COO
- The breakdown of the hiring funnel that Bader Scott Injury Lawyers uses when considering new employees
- What mistakes was made with past hirees and how they learned from them
- How a law firm was able to transition virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Difficulties and lessons learned through fast growth of the company
- Lessons learned in the company that helped with managing cash flow
Connect with Luis Scott: LinkedIn
Check out: https://baderscott.com/
Radical Candor: Fully Revised & Updated Edition: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250235375/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_vXASEbJ2SX1KE
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable