Our guest today is the owner of The Entreprenewer, Kelly Clements.
Kelly Clements has been in workshop rooms behind closed doors with the entrepreneurial elite for more than 15 years. After working for some of the most prestigious coaching companies in the world, she started her own coaching practice in 2012. Since then she has gone on to write a best selling book and has spoken to hundreds of groups including Million Dollar Round Table, YPO, EO, Vistage and a host of other mastermind companies.
Her focus leans towards balancing the scales of business and relationships as she has witnessed and experienced the toll entrepreneurship can have on marriage and families. She believes the strengths that make us successful in business can be a challenge at home. But her perspective and strategies have worked to help entrepreneurial couples achieve greater harmony while building their businesses. Her experience working at Strategic Coach gave her a broad understanding of the processes and systems that allow companies to 10X. Here, she was exposed to invaluable coaching tools and concepts designed to give entrepreneurs more freedom of time, money, and relationships.
Next, she moved on to Session Director at Lifebook. This role afforded her the opportunity to support successful entrepreneurs in their personal lives. Mastering the Principal of Interconnectivity gave her an unfair advantage in her coaching practice. Her innate understanding of the intimate connection between the love relationship and business development uniquely qualifies her to help couples navigate common entrepreneurial landmines.
Her background also includes working for Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, and Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island. She holds her Bachelors Degree in Commercial Recreation from Illinois State University. She is also a travel baseball, basketball, and football mom committed to showing her sons (Will, 11 and Luke, 9) all that life has to offer on and off the field.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to begin discussions with couples and CEOs about the gravitational pull that naturally comes with growth of the company
- Creating awareness between the entrepreneur and the spouse about the burden of the role an entrepreneur faces
- Understanding when the spouse is not as ambitious as the entrepreneur or CEO
- Defining alpha, beta and omega personality types
- Play, Praise and Purpose and how they all intersect
- What separates ordinary from extraordinary between CEOs and COOs or their spouses
- Kelly works with three father & son clients and finds an interesting dynamic when one or both are entrepreneurial
- The various personality types intermingle differently, with certain personality types having a typically higher compatibility than others
Connect with Kelly Clements: LinkedIn
The Dream Manager – Matthew Kelly: https://amzn.to/2svfGUd
The Power of Play, Praise and Purpose: The Best Kept Secrets of Thriving Entrepreneurial Couples – Kelly Clements: https://amzn.to/30oPnvA
Check out: https://theentreprenewer.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable