Our guest today is Orangetheory’s Chief Operating Officer, Griff Long.
Orangetheory is a 1-hour, full-body workout, focused on training endurance, strength and power. They use heart rate-based interval training, burning more calories post-workout than traditional exercise. When wearing Orangetheory’s exclusive OTbeat heart rate monitors, the real-time results are displayed on large screens throughout the studio. Intensity is based on individual heart rate zones, making the workout effective for all fitness levels. Orange Theory’s certified coaches lead the workout to prevent anyone from over or under training.
An avid health and wellness enthusiast, Griff blends his passion for fitness with his drive to develop world-class organizations as the head of operational development and innovation at Orangetheory Fitness.
Griff has over 25 years of experience in transforming startup organizations into multimillion-dollar corporations and has served leadership roles in both enterprise and consumer businesses across the country, including COO of Pure Barre, VP of Operations for Equinox, Senior Vice President of SoulCycle, and Senior Director of Operations for Hertz.
A graduate from Bridgewater State University with a bachelor’s degree in business, Griff also prioritizes his own physical health and wellness as a U.S. Triathlon Association coach, CrossFit coach, running coach, Senn Delaney facilitator, and Six Sigma Green Belt.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Orangetheory focuses on the science behind their fitness strategy that sets them apart from other fitness chains and local gyms
- Adjusting the mindset of leadership and realizing that transparent communication helps to make better decisions together
- How Orangetheory keeps their members engaged to the brand and their scientific fitness method.
- Griff Long’s strategy to get the entire company’s leadership team on task at the same road map
- What system is in place to facilitate new ideas within the leadership team as a whole to determine when to say yes and no
- Orangetheory separates itself from other franchises and local gyms through its scientific method and it’s connected system of sharing stats as well as their retention offerings through their mobile app
- Griff Long’s tenure raising up several startup companies to successful multi-million dollar companies gave him the learning experience to help Orangetheory become an incredible success
Connect with Griff Long: LinkedIn
Check out Orangetheory: https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/
Level 5 Leadership – https://www.jimcollins.com/concepts/level-five-leadership.html
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.