Our guest today is Joseph Schirripa, the COO & CFO of Maropost.
Maropost is a unified customer engagement platform designed to provide a single solution for all areas of business including marketing, commerce, service, clienteling, referral, and more.
Prior to officially joining Maropost in 2017, he consulted with the company as in investment banker for three years. Since joining Maropost, Joseph has proven himself to be more than a standard CFO. Continually taking on projects beyond his department, the former investment banker was quickly recognized as a cross-departmental leader—while still managing to streamline the company’s financial systems for future growth.
He holds both a B.Comm and MBA from the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Dealing with heated issues in the leadership realm and how to work together to present a united force with the team.
- Seeing the business behind the numbers; the ability to notice something different.
- The focus on hiring is crucial — finding those who fit well and has the same company DNA.
- Communication across different channels and how to leverage them.
- Using technology to enable more meaningful conversations.
- The importance of spending time and effort recruiting, especially at the leadership level.
- What’s behind the numbers is people and why putting people in the right place with the right aptitude is extremely important.
- Using a structured meeting cadence to help to focus on things that help move the needle.
Connect with Joseph Schirripa: LinkedIn
Check out Maropost: https://www.maropost.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.