Eric Bowen, is the COO of Babel Street and he is our guest today.
Eric has been with the company since 2013 in various operational roles. Prior to Babel Street, he was formally a Central Intelligence Agency Operations Officer engaged in human intelligence operations in numerous and diverse environments, working with areas of conflict and instability. He is also a former U.S. Marine Officer with experience leading dozens of personnel, managing logistical payloads, and implementing programs.
Babel Street is a provider of advanced multilingual search and analytics software solutions. They currently serve many of the world’s leading brands in financial services, transportation, entertainment, sports, higher education, hospitality and government.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The power of listening and saying thank you
- Maintaining focus as an organization
- When to say no to new shiny ideas
- Leaving employees better than you found them
- Eric’s strength of asking critical questions
- Working with baby boomers in the tech industry
- “Picking up the trash”
- Vulnerability in business
Connect with Eric: LinkedIn
Check out Babel Street: babelstreet.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.”