Matthew Sabbatini is the COO at Visit California and he is our guest today.
Matthew is Chief Operating Officer for Visit California where he oversees several departments, managing the organization’s $130 million budget, as well as financial policies and technology systems. With more than 14 years of experience at Visit California, Matt has successfully led the organization to continue its track record of 21 years of unqualified audits. Matt has more than 20 years of operations and executive experience and is the recipient of the 2011 Business Journal’s CFO of the Year Award.
Visit California is a non-profit organization created to increase tourism and market California as a premier travel destination. Over the last 14 years, it has grown from 18 employees and $7.5 million in funding to 75 employees and a budget of over $130 million.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The importance of crisis communication in the tourism industry
- How Matt went from assistant to COO
- Why Visit California focuses 88% of their budget on marketing
- Why employee auditing is so important to their success
- How Visit California receives over $1 million in private funding
- How Matt’s open door policy has greatly improved his level of leadership
- Maintaining solid family values as a busy executive
Connect with Matt: LinkedIn
Check out Visit California: https://www.visitcalifornia.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.”