Christie is a Partner and Chief of Staff at Backstage Capital. Backstage Capital is a VC company that searches out venture capital deals for groups that are funded less than 10% of the time.
Christie has extensive experience creating valuable partnerships between startups and Fortune 500 top 20 corporations, and joins Backstage from her role as Venture Development Manager at Verizon Ventures
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Backstage Capital hit its very aggressive goals quickly
- How to tell the difference between a good idea and a bad one
- Why Christie changed roles in order to help the company
- How setting up a “Deal” team helped Backstage Capital in efficiently evaluating company applications
- How everyone in the company embraced the goal of “100 companies by 2020” in unity to meet the company goal
- How the company came up with its goal. “if we could get capital into the hands of a hundred founders, that could be significant in terms of the change that we can make in the future.”
You can read the article “The Misunderstood Role of the Chief Operating Officer” in this link.
Connect with Christie: