About Our Chairs
We all know that a killer culture starts at the top. So we take vetting our chairs as seriously, if not more so, than vetting our members. Our City Chairs will set the tone for the meetings and the entire group. While you are not mentoring or coaching, you are playing the role of the facilitator. You will be ensuring that events stay engaging, relevant, and cultivate solution based conversations. As a chair, you are our way of ensuring that our values are upheld at the City Forum level, because without our values, we have nothing.
- 1. Choose a region in which you would like to start a Regional Forum. **Multiple chairs can have city forums in the same region.**
- (Click here to see Regional Forum map). If a region already has a chair, you can still apply to that region.
- 2. Apply to be interviewed by clicking here.
- 3. Come to a COO Alliance National Event- admittance is FREE!
- 4. On Saturday after the event, stay for a few hours of on-boarding and chair training.
- 5. Use our resources, strategy, and content to grow your forum.
- 6. Once you have a minimum 8-14 members, you are ready to start meeting!
Once the meetings start – the hard part is over and you are simply hosting and making money!
You are the perfect chair, if you are…
- well networked.
- a strong leader.
- love business.
- up to date on business books, podcasts.
- up to date on business apps & tech tools.
- running your own biz – marketing, pr, coaching, consulting.
- looking to make an extra $100-150K per year.
- available 6-18 days per year (.5-1.5 days per month).
- a strong social media presence.
- well versed in overall business knowledge.
- in sync with Cameron Herold’s books & speaking.
- looking to be part of a group.
- interested in supporting others in growing innovative, diverse & rapidly expanding companies.
Virtual Regional Chair Meetings
Quarterly regional chair meetings are held online to discuss the state of affairs with their peers an the National Program. These calls provide a platform for chairs to get support from the National Program, share ideas with one another, identify issues and trends, and innovate to improve their City Forum members’ experiences.
*Regions can have multiple Chairs.
Meet the San Diego & San Francisco Chair: Jenelle Cobb
- 25+ years growing and leading businesses to higher levels of performance and value in the technology, communications, and natural food industries.
- Grew privately held cloud service company to $20M and then led through public offering.
- Portfolio Manager for Private Equity Firm.
- Global business unit leader at Microsoft; 13+ years, 10 products, 36 countries, $2B in revenue.
- Small Business Owner; she’s built and sold a few businesses and was raised in a family of owner-operators and farmers, it’s in her blood.
Meet the Las Vegas Chair: Steve Hoffa
- Operational background grew from 20 years in Special Forces operating all over the world in a variety of conditions.
- Variety of sales, marketing and operations experience that has rounded out ability to perform as a COO or CEO.
- Believes the strongest area in business is the people.
- Two other areas of expertise is in culture and systems.
City Forum Events
- 6 events per year, per City Forum group.
- 10-14 members per City Forum group (not including the City Forum Chair).
- Regions can have more than one Chair member.