About Our Chairs
We all know that a killer culture starts at the top. So we take vetting our chairs as seriously, if not more so, than vetting our members. Our City Chairs will set the tone for the meetings and the entire group. While you are not mentoring or coaching, you are playing the role of the facilitator. You will be ensuring that events stay engaging, relevant, and cultivate solution based conversations. As a chair, you are our way of ensuring that our values are upheld at the City Forum level, because without our values, we have nothing.
Have a question about being a chair? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
You will earn 50% of the profit from each member. Each chair fee is 10k shared.
Until we have our 20th chair, the cost of membership is a one-time fee of $5,000. With your membership fee, you can open as many regions as you’d like, as long as you follow the proper procedures in doing so.
You can open as many as you’d like, provided that each region has at least 8 active members.
Yes, if you and the chair you refer each establish at least 8 active members per group, you will earn $500.
Anywhere you and your group feel comfortable. If you wish to meet at one of your businesses, a designated hotel or other location, that is up to you as the chair. However, any associated costs stemming from the location is the responsibility of the chair.
For refreshments, we suggest members take turns bringing food on a rotating schedule. You can also choose to provide food yourself, at your own expense.
Yes, we will provide you with an agenda for every event, one month in advance.
The month following each event, you will be paid 1/6 of your total profit for the members in good standing at the time of the event.
We provide all of our COO Alliance branding, which includes content, collateral, verbiage, and strategy. We can also provide lead generation, should you choose to purchase leads from us.
All marketing expenses are the responsibility of you, the chair. However, you are welcome to use any and all of our designated City Forums collateral for free.
Please note that every chair needs to sit in as an observer at at least one COO Alliance National Program event prior to launching your own local group.
We project a time frame of 18-20 days from onboarding to going to market. Once your group is live, you’ll spend time interviewing members, meeting planning, and attending chair meetings, in addition to the 6 events per year. Expect to spend a few hours per week until your group is full.
In your second year and beyond, we estimate that your total time commitment to be 7-10 days.
We will provide the agendas and review them with you the month prior to the event!
- 1. Choose a region in which you would like to start a Regional Forum. **Multiple chairs can have city forums in the same region.**
- (Click here to see Regional Forum map). If a region already has a chair, you can still apply to that region.
- 2. Apply to be interviewed by clicking here.
- 3. Once you have been extended an offer to become a chair and have signed the chair contract there is a $5,000.00 marketing fee due.
- 4. Come to a COO Alliance National Event- admittance is FREE!
- 5. On Saturday after the event, stay for a few hours of on-boarding and chair training.
- 6. Use our resources, strategy, and content to grow your forum.
- 7. Once you have a minimum 8-14 members, you are ready to start meeting!
Once the meetings start – the hard part is over and you are simply hosting and making money!
- well networked.
- a strong leader.
- love business.
- up to date on business books, podcasts.
- up to date on business apps & tech tools.
- running your own biz – marketing, pr, coaching, consulting.
- looking to make an extra $100-150K per year.
- available 6-18 days per year (.5-1.5 days per month).
- a strong social media presence.
- well versed in overall business knowledge.
- in sync with Cameron Herold’s books & speaking.
- looking to be part of a group.
- interested in supporting others in growing innovative, diverse & rapidly expanding companies.
Virtual Regional Chair Meetings
Quarterly regional chair meetings are held online to discuss the state of affairs with their peers an the National Program. These calls provide a platform for chairs to get support from the National Program, share ideas with one another, identify issues and trends, and innovate to improve their City Forum members’ experiences.
*Regions can have multiple Chairs.
Establish A City Forum Even If One Already Exists
We’re accepting multiple City Forum Chairs & City Forum Members in various cities. If you’re interested in starting your own local City Forums group or becoming a City Forum Member, you’re welcome to apply even if a group and/or Chair has already been established in your city.
San Francisco & San Diego CA:
- 25+ years growing & leading businesses
- Industries: technology, communications, & natural food
- Portfolio Manager for Private Equity Firm
- 13+ years at Microsoft: 10 products, 36 countries, $2B in revenue
- Grew privately held cloud service company to $20M
- Small Business Owner
San Francisco, CA:
- Entrepreneur & Founder of 9 companies & 1 foundation
- Transformational Business Coach
- Co-creator of the Genius Talent Discovery Process™
- Husband, father of 7, athlete, volunteer, foodie
- Operating principle: “When I give of myself first, everything else seems to fall into place.”
San Francisco, CA:
- 20+ years of leading & scaling businesses
- Industries: technology, professional service, retail, & e-commerce
- Experience: growth architecture, strategic management, digital marketing, organizational development, & finance
- Founder of multiple companies
- Held VP positions at several technology & online companies
- Former 6-year member of Entrepreneurs Organization (Colorado)
- Helped his client, ShipOffers, grow from $1.2M to $18.7M in 5 years
San Diego, CA:
- 16 years at Canedy Court reporting
- Masters degree in Spiritual Psychology
- Involved in Business Coaching for the last 6 years
- Language Translations 2006 – 2013
- 7 years experience in Language Translations
- Served as President to EO San Diego
Kathy Pennington Henderson
San Diego, CA:
- Owner & Principal of PFM Consulting
- Former CEO and President of Radiant Technologies an international Microsoft Dynamics Value Added Reseller.
- Industries: technology, software solutions, business analytics, & compliance
- Former CEO & President of Radiant Technologies
- Founder of Pennington & Associates
- Co-founder & Chief Innovation Officer of KUITY Corp.
- 30+ years experience: business strategy, process improvement, training, accounting, finance, & business information consulting
- MBA & retired CPA
Ottawa, Ontario, CA:
- Multi-Business Owner, Consultant, & Coach
- 4-time published author
- Speaker, facilitator & community leader
- COO Alliance City Forum Chair
- Member of the Forbes Coaches Council
Chicago, Illinois & Grand Rapids, Michigan:
- Transformation leader
- 25+ years global experience
- Experience: finance, human resources, IT and operations, & executing system-wide programs
- Helped Arthur Andersen Business Consulting deliver $100M+ in first-year savings
- Led numerous multi-disciplinary Fortune 500 teams
- Helped a boutique management consulting firm grow from 11 employees to 130+, increasing revenue over 10X in only 6 years
- Helps senior leaders of small & mid-sized companies
Royal Oak, Michigan:
- Special Project Manager experience
- Projects ranging from real estate acquisition, acquisition due diligence, developing training programs for security personnel, & assisting with information technology projects
- 20+ years developing processes to help shorten the sales cycle
- Former Vice President of Summit Group Holdings
- Founder of HRPreneur & EFOGI
- 17 years experience in non-profit management
- Small Business Owner
- Developed 1-800-GOT-JUNK? brand in Louisville market
- Recognized 6 times as a “Top Performer” franchisee
- Business First of Louisville Forty Under 40
- Real Estate investor; licensed real estate agent
- 30+ years experience in sales & customer service
Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
- Worked in Logistics for Mr. Alans Shoes
- Developed & managed sales team
- Worked with CEO to grow from $1M to $10M+ per year
- Real Estate Agent for 15 years
- Sold more than $1B in investment Property, Residential, Multi-family & Retail
- Business Coach & Speaker
- Purpose + values + vision = the superpower that drives any business, organization, or human towards greatness
- Former EO Boston Member & Board Chair
- Built & ran an 8-figure company for 20+ years before successfully exiting
- Certified in Scaling Up, Gravitas Impact, & Gazelles Coaching
Phoenix, Edmonton & Calgary :
- Conscientious Social Entrepreneur
- Extensive public & private company board & committee chairman experience
- “Battle-tested” entrepreneur with a 360° world view
- 20+ years building successful businesses in tech & financial services
- Served as session leader, moderator, & member of the New York Stock Exchange’s Governance Services
- Mission: to find the “fortune at the bottom of the pyramid”
- Founder of FinTech
City Forum Events
- 6 events per year, per City Forum group.
- 10-14 members per City Forum group (not including the City Forum Chair).
- Regions can have more than one Chair member.