- 1. Choose a region in which you would like to start a Regional Forum.
**Multiple chairs can have city forums in the same region.**
- (Click here to see Regional Forum map). If a region already has a chair, you can still apply to that region.
- 2. Apply to be interviewed by clicking here.
- 3. Once you have been extended an offer to become a chair and have signed the chair contract, there is a $5,000 marketing fee due.
- 4. Come to a COO Alliance National Event- admittance is FREE!
- 5. On Saturday after the event, stay for a few hours of on-boarding and chair training.
- 6. Use our resources, strategy, and content to grow your forum.
- 7. Once you have a minimum of 8-14 members, you are ready to start meeting!
Once the meetings start – the hard part is over and you are simply hosting and making money!
- Well networked
- A strong leader
- Loves business
- Up to date on business books, podcasts
- Up to date on business apps & tech tools
- Running your own biz – marketing, PR, coaching, consulting
- Looking to make an extra $100-150K per year
- Available 6-18 days per year (.5-1.5 days per month)
- A strong social media presence
- Well versed in overall business knowledge
- In sync with Cameron Herold’s books & speaking
- Looking to be part of a group
- Interested in supporting others in growing innovative, diverse & rapidly expanding companies
Virtual Regional Chair Meetings
Quarterly regional Chair meetings are held online to discuss the state of affairs with their peers at the National Program. These calls provide a platform for Chairs to get support from the National Program, share ideas with one another, identify issues and trends, and innovate to improve their City Forum members’ experiences.
*Regions can have multiple Chairs.
Establish A City Forum
Even If One Already Exists
We’re accepting multiple City Forum Chairs & City Forum Members in various cities. If you’re interested in starting your own local City Forums group or becoming a City Forum Member, you’re welcome to apply even if a group and/or Chair has already been established in your city.
You earn 50% of the revenue from member’s fees. Each member pays 10k annually.
Chair Membership Fee is $5,000. Once we have 20 Active regions that increases to $10,000 for new chairs. Your membership fee allows you to open as many City Forums as you’d like.
You can open as many as you’d like, provided that each of your regions has at least 8 active members before you open a new one.
Chairs earn a 10% referral fee for any introductions they make to us for new Chairs. To qualify for the ongoing 10% Referral Fee, you must be an established current Chair and have an existing group up and running.
We recommend rotating them over your members’ company boardrooms throughout the year. However, you can hold them at hotels or other locations, that’s up to you as the chair. Any costs stemming from the location is the responsibility of the chair.
Events are a full day, so we do recommend you have someone cater lunch. The location should also offer beverages throughout the day.
Yes, we will provide you with an agenda for every event, one month in advance.
The month following each event, you will be paid 1/6 of your total revenue for the members in good standing at the time of the event.
We provide all of our COO Alliance branding, which includes content, collateral, verbiage, and strategy. We can also provide lead generation, should you choose to purchase leads from us.
All marketing expenses are the responsibility of you, the chair. However, you are welcome to use any and all of our designated City Forums collateral for free.
Please note that every chair needs to sit in as an observer at at least one COO Alliance National Program event prior to launching your own local group.
Meet Our Regional Chairs
San Francisco & San Diego CA:Jenelle is an entrepreneur, business coach and former software executive who has spent over 25 years growing and leading businesses to high levels of performance and value in the technology, communications and natural food industry. She has been a trusted advisor to companies like Microsoft, Qualcomm, Amazon, AT&T, Getty, Starbucks, and Clif Bar. Jenelle is an expert guide and mentor for senior executives and high potential leaders. Jenelle leverages her experience and proven methodologies to help businesses achieve double and triple growth in short periods of time.
- 25+ years growing & leading businesses
- Industries: technology, communications, & natural food
- Portfolio Manager for Private Equity Firm
- 13+ years at Microsoft: 10 products, 36 countries, $2B in revenue
- Grew privately held cloud service company to $20M
- Small Business Owner
San Francisco, CA:John Hittler is a transformational business coach who works to uncover and foster the innate talent of each individual. Co-creator of the Genius Talent Discovery Process™, John supports individuals, teams, and entire organizations in accessing their unique “genius”. The tools and methods utilized help to transform the culture of the business team and create lasting behavior change. John has worked with companies like Facebook, Zenga, and Microsoft. He is passionate about helping business teams and individuals achieve lasting growth.
- Entrepreneur & Founder of 9 companies & 1 foundation
- Transformational Business Coach
- Co-creator of the Genius Talent Discovery Process™
- Husband, father of 7, athlete, volunteer, foodie
- Operating principle: “When I give of myself first, everything else seems to fall into place.”
Kathy Pennington Henderson
San Diego, CA:Kathy has over 30 years of executive management with expertise in strategy, business processes, accounting, operations and business information consulting experience. Her expertise in business analytics allows clients to gain insight into understanding, measuring, simulating, and optimizing performance. Kathy specializes in working with organizations, start-ups, and fast growth businesses in both the for-profit and non-profit sector. She has helped organizations to increase profits and develop replicable and scalable processes, which empowers employees to optimize performance. Kathy’s work has taken her from the sunny coast of San Diego to the far reaches of Siberia. She is always thrilled to see where it will take her next.
- Owner & Principal of PFM Consulting
- Industries: technology, software solutions, business analytics, & compliance
- Former CEO & President of Radiant Technologies
- Founder of Pennington & Associates
- Co-founder & Chief Innovation Officer of KUITY Corp.
- 30+ years experience: business strategy, process improvement, training, accounting, finance, & business information consulting
- MBA & retired CPA
Chicago, Illinois & Grand Rapids, Michigan:Chris Scherer helps small and mid-sized business owners, CEOs and COOs filter through the chaos and achieve their goals through a proven and structured approach. With over 25 years experience in global finance and healthcare, Chris knows how to execute system wide programs that add value and mitigate risk across borders, industries, and technologies. He specializes in business intelligence, data analytics, and process review and development. Chris’ attention to structure is a key component in the sustainable growth of a business.
- Transformation leader
- 25+ years global experience
- Experience: finance, human resources, IT and operations, & executing system-wide programs
- Delivered over $110M in first in first-year savings to clients in various industries.
- Led numerous multi-disciplinary Fortune 500 teams
- Helped a boutique management consulting firm grow from 11 employees to 130+, increasing revenue over 10X in only 6 years
- Helps senior leaders of small & mid-sized companies
Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
Chad Bishop is a global real estate advisor with experience in sales, management, and logistics. He has managed a sales team and worked intimately with his CEO to increase revenue by 10 times. Chad is a hard worker who values smart choices. As a City Forum Chair, Chad draws upon his skill set to provide COOs with quality tools, feedback, and support to rapidly grow their businesses.
- Worked in Logistics for Mr. Alans Shoes
- Developed & managed sales team
- Worked with CEO to grow from $1M to $10M+ per year
- Real Estate Agent for 15 years
- Sold more than $1B in investment Property, Residential, Multi-family & Retail
Reston, Virginia & Washington DC :Gabriel Muller is a high-energy, enterprising and future-focused C-suite executive with 10+ years of senior operations leadership success in the financial services industry. His career includes a proven track record of boosting revenue and assets under management for nationwide wealth management firms by orchestrating growth-oriented business vision and strategies. He also specializes in defining and executing an ongoing, unforgettable client experience through innovative methods. Gabriel is known as a nimble leader who adapts to and excels in dynamic business environments. He is passionate about helping small companies reach their potential and provide clients with a world-class experience. As an avid pilot, Gabriel develops a clear flight plan and performs a thorough review of the aircraft before each outing to ensure that the plane is airworthy.
- Chief Operating Officer, Glassman Wealth Services
- Helped grow Glassman Wealth Services from $250 million to $1.3b in assets under management in 7 years.
- Led and built the culture to be named #1 Best Place to work 4 years in a row
- Schwab Technology, Operations & Service (TOS) Advisory Board Member
- Mission: to positively impact even more lives.
City Forum Events
- 6 events per year, per City Forum group.
- 10-14 members per City Forum group (not including the City Forum Chair).
- Regions can have more than one Chair member.