Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Our guest today is Jason Oates, speaker, storyteller, coach and a founding executive and Chief Business Officer for LiveIntent.
Jason is a brand ambassador focused on pipeline fulfillment for LiveIntent – that is, whe he’s not singing 80’s pop hits with the company band, Rifff.
LiveIntent is a people-based marketing platform reaching over 250 million people monthly as they consume email newsletters that are sent by over 2,500 publishers and brands. As CBO, Jason is responsible for building new functions within the company to drive sustainable growth, mentor and develop people and contribute to the culture. He is also a thought leader and speaker in the AdTech and Martech community and often speaks at conferences and events such as Cannes, eTail, RampUp, DMA and Brand Innovators.
Jason started his career in 1996 as the first “Interactive” media planner/buyer at DMB&B and spent the next 15 years building and leading digital marketing functions for JMCP, Avenue A, IMS and Datran Media working on brands like P&G, GM, eHarmony and Verizon.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The journey to build LiveIntent from a group of friends who have remained friends through the years.
- Why Jason believes that his emotional intelligence has risen dramatically during his time with the company.
- The strategies Jason and his CEO Matt Keiser use to navigate the inevitable conflicts and disagreements that arise.
- The importance of building a supportive company culture to help your people thrive.
- Why Jason stepped away from his role as President to become Chief Business Officer.
Connect with Jason: Website | LinkedIn
Connect with Cameron: Website | LinkedIn
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable”
Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders