Our guest today is Katherine Jerkens, COO of Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey.
Katharine took the bold decision to leave her career of 15 years in the hotel business to help build what now is a very successful whiskey company.
With over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Katharine brings a fresh perspective to the world of distilling. She helps solidify Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey as the top premium spirits brand alongside distributors, bars, and restaurants worldwide. She joined the Uncle Nearest team prior to its launch in 2017 as employee #1 when founder and CEO Fawn Weaver approached her about the idea of starting the whiskey brand. Her extensive experience leading sales teams and ability to grow and cultivate global companies through her leadership has proven invaluable for the brand, which reached nationwide distribution in less than two years after the initial launch.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The history of Uncle Nearest Whiskey and her path from the hotel industry to the world of whiskey distilling.
- The challenge of rolling out to all 50 states in two years.
- How they scaled the business during the pandemic and the maneuvering that was necessary.
- How they switched between on-premise business (hotels, restaurants, etc.) and off-premise business (grocery stores, etc.)
- The ways in which Katharine balances being a mom and a business executive.
Connect with Katharine:
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable”Get Cameron’s online course – Invest In Your Leaders