Our guest today is Claremont Lincoln University COO, Dr. Joe Sallustio.
Dr. Joe Sallustio has become one of our nation’s foremost online higher education experts. He has led a broad range of educational institutions including a regionally accredited non-profit university (online), a regionally accredited for-profit university (online), and a nationally accredited for-profit college (online/hybrid), giving him a unique and effective breadth of knowledge in on-ground and online higher education administration. In today’s ever-evolving and competitive online higher education landscape, this diversity of experience is necessary to successfully lead a university into the future.
With nearly two decades of experience in higher education operations, Joe has led teams in marketing, enrollment, finance, financial aid, student services, student affairs, human resources, accreditation/Title IV compliance, business-to-businesses relationships, and product strategy for on-ground/hybrid and online universities. Specifically, his extensive experience in scaling marketing and enrollment activities have driven the success of many of the institutions he has served.
Joe received his Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership from Northcentral University. He also holds an M.S. in Organizational Leadership (Strategic Human Resources Management) from Regis University and a B.S. in Speech Communications from the State University of New York College at Oneonta.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How the state of universities are currently evolving and adapting
- The difference between in-person vs online education and its impact on socialization of the students
- Joe’s experience in how to get the business up and running by attracting the first few students, present what is being sold to them and how to keep it going
- Where is the marketing of students and what is Dr. Joe engaged in and understanding the metrics such as cost per student acquisition
- Where does Dr. Joe struggle at in terms of the size they’re at with their vision and what would be the break even within the operating budget
- How Dr. Joe attracts and recruits faculty into a startup environment
Connect with Dr. Joe Sallustio: LinkedIn
The Ed Up Experience Podcast: https://edupexperience.com
Check out: https://www.claremontlincoln.edu/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable