Our guest today is Rippling’s COO, Matt MacInnis.
Matt MacInnis is the Chief Operating Officer at Rippling where he oversees business operations. From 2009 to 2018, he was the co-founder and CEO of Inkling, a mobile learning platform that provides on-the-job training for companies including MacDonald’s and Whole Foods. Inkling was named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies and raised over $100 million in funding before being acquired in 2018.
Before Inkling, Matt spent eight years at Apple, growing the use of its products in education and the sciences. He holds an Electrical and Computer Engineering degree from Harvard.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to effectively communicate with an entrepreneurial CEO as an entrepreneurial COO
- When a CEO and COO have a relationship prior to their business roles
- How to handle debates between the CEO and COO, whether privately or in front of staff
- Identifying the fly wheel for market chair acquisition for Rippling, which is a concept inspired by a book from Jim Collins called “Good to Great”
- Systems and processes in place to avoid corporate bureaucracy
- Matt studied engineering at Harvard
- Rippling is an all-in-one HR and IT platform, eliminating the administrative burden of businesses
Connect with Matt MacInnis: LinkedIn
Check out: https://www.rippling.com
A Little User Manual for Matt MacInnis: Click Here
High Growth Handbook by Elad Gil: Click Here
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable