Our guest today is Kindred Bravely Director of Organizational Effectiveness, Erin Nelson.
Kindred Bravely is a maternity and nursing clothing company based in Southern California. In 2019 Kindred Bravely ranked #20 on Inc.com’s List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies with three-year revenue growth of 8,544%. The company was also named #4 Top California companies, #1 Top San Diego companies, and #5 Top Consumer Products & Services companies. In 2017 Kindred Bravely won Shopify’s Pick in the Build a Bigger Business Competition.
Over the last three years, Erin has been focused on building systems and processes that support Kindred Bravely’s rapidly growing team, allowing them to communicate effectively and efficiently. At the same time, she has found tangible ways to further the company’s Vivid Vision while fostering a positive and fun remote work culture.
Erin loves working for Kindred Bravely because of its emphasis on women supporting other women. One way Kindred Bravely does this is by hiring an almost entirely remote workforce, many of whom are moms of young children. With its flexible work environment, Kindred Bravely enables moms (and dads) to achieve professionally and personally.
Erin holds a Masters in Public Policy from the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs. While she was completing her Public Policy degree, she also took business classes to expand her knowledge. She has professional experience in the public, non-profit, and private sectors and spends much of her free time reading.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How to find what people excel at and place them into those roles where they have the highest chance of success
- Different personality profiles that help assist in the hiring process and bringing harmony among multiple types of personalities
- Recommended communication and project management tools for remote teams
- How Erin has had to adapt and grow in order to blend better and affirm a stronger working relationship with the founders of the company
- Kolbe A Profile being used as part of the interview and onboarding process in Kindred Bravely to help determine the personality profile
- Kindred Bravely is highly intentional on onboarding remote staff with how information is conveyed through email, phone and their other internal communication and project management channels
- How to live out a company’s core values by how the team treats one another internally and utilizing random acts of generosity as a goal that is measured every month
Connect with Erin Nelson: LinkedIn
Check out: https://www.kindredbravely.com/
Check out Get Guru: https://www.getguru.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable