Our guest today is John McDonald, the Chief Operating Officer of Poshmark.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers, where John manages product, data and analytics, and marketplace operations and is responsible for marketplace GMV growth and profitability.
John draws from deep expertise in community and marketplace management he developed in eight years at eBay in category management, trust and safety, and seller experience roles. As well as four years at Ning, where he lead support and sales and then as general manager of the business. Earlier in his career, John focused on consumer marketing and product development at Procter & Gamble, Monsanto, the Monitor Company, and Evite.
John has an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and a BS from the University of California, Berkeley.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- What experience John drew from attending business school at Harvard
- How Poshmark’s team has stayed lean and focused even during its incredible growth
- How Poshmark was able to navigate through its rapid growth
- Getting the team to focus on their shared values and establish its company culture
- How Poshmark assists the smaller sellers from being consumed by the larger sellers
- Users on Poshmark succeeds by expressing their style and creating a fabulous shopping experience which creates a unique ecommerce experience through a personal social interaction
Connect with John McDonald: LinkedIn
Check out Poshmark: https://poshmark.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.