Our guest today is Frank Mong, the Chief Operating Officer of Helium.
Helium is the world’s first peer-to-peer wireless network, owned and operated by consumers. At Helium, Frank is leading the global go-to-market organization, introducing the Helium Hotspot nationwide, and enabling anyone to help build The People’s Network.
Prior to joining Helium, Frank was the VP/GM at HP enterprise security products where he led go-to-market activities that included product marketing, service and research marketing, channel marketing, technical marketing, technical alliances, and overall customer success.
Before HP, Frank was head of business development and alliances at Silver Spring Networks. While there, Frank successfully led a team to establish a vibrant ecosystem for the smart grid and smart home market and sourced the mezzanine round of funding prior to the IPO.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The interesting dynamic of Helium as a company and what they are doing to join the digital currency industry.
- Going into a company and not knowing the product and how to navigating this as the COO.
- Why good entrepreneurs do not care what other people think and some helpful tips to manage this as the COO.
- How Helium is navigating talent in the Bay area.
- One of the best skills is the hustle. If you want anything in life you have to hustle.
- How “doing more for less” can actually help get a business off the ground faster.
Connect with Frank Mong: LinkedIn
Check out Helium: https://www.helium.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.
PROMO CODE: COO100