Our guest today is Shane Metcalf, the C-Founder and Chief Culture Officer of 15five.
Shane Metcalf is a seasoned executive coach and speaker who is obsessed with building healthy organizations and creating the opportunity for people to have meaningful work and meaningful relationships.
Driven by his deep belief in the potential of our species, Shane co-founded 15Five, industry-leading performance management software that is unlocking the potential of the global workforce. As Chief Culture Officer, Shane understands what fundamentally motivates people, how to architect high performance, and which principles and rituals create “self-organizing cultures”. Along with his co-founder, David Hassell, Shane has developed the Best-Self Management methodology which posits that by supporting people in learning, growing, and becoming their best selves over time, the natural byproduct is uncommonly high performance and loyalty.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Weekly check-ins with staff members and why simple questions can lead to extraordinary results.
- The approach of finding a product balance that works for larger companies but doesn’t overwhelm smaller companies.
- If belonging and esteem needs are met, an employee’s nervous system can be primed for success.
- How impactful experiences benefiting other people resulted in Burning Man tickets being bought for the entire company.
- Creating cohesion and alignment through getting to know people and creating a solid bedrock of the culture.
- 70% of people leave a company not because of the company, but because of their boss.
- The ability your positivity ratio has on you within your workplace.
Connect with Shane Metcalf: LinkedIn
Check out 15five: http://15five.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.