Our guest today is Ariel Liu, the Chief Operating Officer of Himalaya Media.
Himalaya Media is an innovative podcast platform with leading monetization offerings and audience growth solutions. Before joining Himalaya, she started her career at Accenture as the product lead of global collaboration solutions. She then joined The ONE Music Group (a Sequoia capital portfolio focusing on music innovation) to lead their global expansion to 20+ countries and became profitable in 2 years.
Ariel has a Master of Science degree from Stanford Engineering School.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The process of developing a sense of community in the Podcast space versus just another episode being released.
- Why the school name doesn’t guarantee the talent quality.
- What it means to be a Chief Operating Officer and ideas of what the day-to-day looks like in the role.
- How to navigate uncomfortable conversations and saying no to the CEO.
- Avoiding the feeling of always needing to hire someone when you are growing quickly.
- Why the world is moving from audiobooks to podcasts.
- The war on talent for startups – Attract people who love what you do and why you are doing it.
Connect with Ariel Lu: LinkedIn
Cameron Herold featured on The Jordan Harbinger Show
Give the COO Alliance a Test Drive
Check out Himalaya Media: https://www.himalaya.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.