Our guest today is Allison Pickens the COO at Gainsight.
Allison is an internationally known thought leader on driving subscription revenue growth and scaling teams. Allison was named one of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women, one of the Top Women in SaaS, the Top 50 People in the Sales and Business Development industry, and a Top Customer Service Influencer. She is an international speaker, blogger, and the host of The Customer Success Podcast, with 100,000+ listens over two seasons. She has a passion for working with companies to scale their go-to-market operations and to create exceptional Customer Success initiatives.
Allison has a BA in Ethics, Politics, and Economics from Yale University, as well as an MBA from Stanford University. On weekends you can typically find Allison contemplating political-philosophical questions while on a hike in the Marin Headlands.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How your role models in early childhood help develop you as a leader and why you may not even know it.
- Finding out what gives your employees the most energy within their role and structuring their role around the items they get the most energy from, not necessarily always their best strength.
- Through your hiring process, hire people who are energized by many things.
- Some key tactics for approaching skip-level meetings and how to keep all parties involved in the know.
- Why your core values not merely be posters on a wall but infused into day-to-day life.
- Some of your best early-stage team members are generalists, or the jack of all trades and the masters of none.
- Why it is hard to achieve success but even harder to understand what drove that success so you can repeat it again in the future.
- The importance of creating a culture where candid feedback is the norm and staff members feel confident doing so.
Connect with Allison: LinkedIn
Check out Gainsight: https://www.gainsight.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.