Our guest today is Kerry Stover, the COO at Pariveda Solutions.
Kerry has delivered solutions in the areas of IT strategy, large system implementation, process management, enterprise architecture development, project management, customer relationship management, and business intelligence. His industry experience includes work with high-tech manufacturing, software products, consumer products, health care, retail, not for profit and financial services clients. He possesses a unique set of skills in the delivery and administration aspects of corporate, business operations, information technology and customer support while delivering effective business process change in companies from small start-up ventures to companies in the Fortune 500.
Much of Mr. Stover’s experience comes from the variety of leadership positions he held in his 20-year career as a partner with Accenture. These included serving as the lead partner for the Dallas Technology organization, serving as Executive Director – Product Management – Software Products, serving as the lead partner for IT Operations and Technical Support in the Business Process Outsourcing organization, as well as his roles serving key clients on large business process change and systems development efforts.
Prior to joining Pariveda Solutions, Mr. Stover was the Principal and Co-owner of i.think Inc., an online market research services firm, where he led the company to a compounded annual growth in revenues of 37% and recognition in the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies. Previously he also served as Chief Information Officer with Efficient Networks, a Siemens Company, where he was responsible for the efforts to upgrade business processes and support technologies across the supply chain of manufacturers, distributors, customers, and business partners for this $300 million manufacturer of high-speed modem and home networking products that resulted in reducing logistics costs by 25% annually.
Kerry graduated from Baylor University in 1979 with a BS in Mathematics with Honors. He has served on the boards of NeedHim National Outreach Ministry and Parkway Hills Baptist Church and has provided hundreds of hours of volunteer service to Trinity Christian Academy of Addison.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Operating as two in a box, as the CEO and COO, to both make decisions for the short and long term collectively. How you can’t have one operating or the other operating alone, decisions are made together with the best intentions of the firm.
- The positive results that come from finding a free-flowing exchange meeting time for the CEO and COO.
- The process of hiring people who are aligned with the culture
- People make a company and if you have a company and don’t have people, it’s really hard to be successful.
- Focus on behaviors and the outcomes will come. Realizing it is ok to step back in order to move forward in development.
- The importance of creating and developing leaders who will do better than you.
- Why it is important to understand your business niche and why this comes into account when hiring full-time people versus freelancers.
- The concept of learn, coach, give. Hire people who want to learn and grow on their own.
Connect with Kerry Stover: LinkedIn
Check out Pariveda Solutions: https://www.parivedasolutions.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.