Our guest today is Justin Miller, the COO of Drips.
Justin has over 15 years of operating experience with a deep background in information technology management and infrastructure. Currently, Justin is COO of Drips, a conversational texting platform where he is responsible for growth through implementing relevant processes and systems, in addition to the oversight of the companies ongoing operations and procedures.
Prior to his current experience, Justin worked in private equity, primarily for technology-focused funds where he served a dual role in deal sourcing and diligence as well as serving various CIO/COO operational roles in portfolio companies. Before his time in PE Justin founded a technology services and consulting company that managed IT infrastructure and operations for banks, hospitals, universities, and other commercial businesses.
Justin holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Northeastern University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of California, Irvine.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Taking roles and experience from previous companies and applying the lessons learned to Justin’s current role at Drips.
- Time management and figuring out where to put your focus as the COO.
- Better communication and better transparency within a company and using a constant feedback loop to keep getting better at this.
- Communication technology tools – are they hurting or helping our company communication and productivity?
- Using project, task, and time monitoring to figure out where the investment of time needs to be made to keep improving.
- Openness to change and willingness to listen and how these factors help create the best leadership team within a company.
- A deep dive on Justin’s statement “don’t be afraid of being uncomfortable; it usually leads to success”.
Connect with Justin Miller: LinkedIn
Check out Drips: https://www.drips.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.