Our guest today is Connor Gillivan, the Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer of FreeeUp.
As an eCommerce expert and outsourcing guru, Connor is passionate about building profitable businesses that address specific customer needs within the eCommerce world.
He started out in his college dorm room and went on to sell over $30 million online, having worked with over 1,000 suppliers and managed over 500,00 products. He is now a published author and is the owner of ConnorGillivan.com. He currently lives in Denver, CO.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Working with remote teams: the importance of staying in contact, weekly goals, meet up once in person, Skype meetings, and communicating on a regular basis.
- Changing the interview process to work for your company, eliminating phone interviews and introducing a more on-the-job-type way of interviews to find the best candidates for your company.
- Using three common items to vet individuals: skills, passion for the business, and communication.
- The idea of staying in your lane- finding a niche and staying focused on it.
- Always pushing leaders to be better with resources and giving honest feedback.
- The concept of using small sprints over long-term goals to push things through faster for some departments within a company.
- How important a business partner is — finding someone to add value and want to grow with you.
Connect with Connor Gillivan: LinkedIn
Check out FreeeUp: https://freeeup.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.