Our guest today is Matt Quinn, the Chief Operating Officer of TIBCO.
Matt manages TIBCO’s day-to-day operations and is instrumental in the growth and development of TIBCO’s products and technologies, including the TIBCO Connected Intelligence Cloud.
Formerly serving in executive roles including Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President, Products and Technology, Matt has spent more than 20 years with TIBCO leading large-scale transformations to organizational structure and product strategy. He received his BA in Computer Science and a Masters of Applied Science Information Technology from RMIT University Melbourne.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Using systems and integrations to help breakdown silos within an organization.
- The discovery of people joining a company for the mission because they want to achieve something, but realizing those who stay, stay for the values.
- Why you don’t need to be smarter or faster than your employees or teams you manage, you just need to be able to help them magnify their own success.
- Look at yourself first when figuring out why you don’t like or get along with a certain person.
- How to not get so caught up in what you can’t do and start focusing on what you can do.
- Relying on your knowledge from 2, 3, or 5 years ago is never good. The world is ever changing and it is changing the culture of corporations at a rapid pace.
- Dive into the traits of flexibility and judgement are needed and using these when developing and working with teams.
Connect with Matt Quinn: LinkedIn
Check out TIBCO: https://www.tibco.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.