Our guest today is Florence Bout, the Head of Operations of Leverage.
Florence Bout is the COO of Leverage, a NY-based company that helps entrepreneurs and small businesses scale by providing on-demand resources to complement in-house teams with their marketing, business operations, and administrative functions.
In her role, Florence is responsible for the operational performance of Leverage with the main focus to support the internal departments and through these departments, the success of their clients. In her day-to-day, she works with each of the departments to achieve the company vision through the development the company processes, tools, and systems allowing Leverage to operate productivity, profitably and set itself up for growth. She has a track record of problem-solving and streamlining processes to improve business performance.
Florence comes from a diverse background, having studied engineering at Imperial College London and consolidated her degree in multi-nationals before fulfilling a passion for furniture design and starting a furniture company, ultimately applying all her engineering and startup knowledge at Leverage.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The challenges of working with clients 100% remotely; really listening and catering to the clients needs to make the process work for them.
- Creating buy-in with clients, employees, customers, etc.
- The 80/20 rule when it comes to product launches; ensuring your products are at 80% at launch date and gathering feedback to strive for 100% in the end.
- Using technology tech tools to help keep teams on the same page and processes outlined and streamlined as growth continues.
- Streamlining company meetings and using IDS (Issues, Discussions, and Solutions) to allow for bigger discussions when needed.
- Facts and numbers make hard conversations easier and tell the story about what is really going on within a company.
- How engineering has helped shape her role as the Second-in-Command.
- Navigating through challenges as a 100% remote team with no office space at all; how to build rapport and camaraderie within the team.
Connect with Florence Bout: LinkedIn
Check out Leverage: https://getleverage.com/
Check out Capterra: https://www.capterra.com/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.