Our guest today is Rob Davies, the President of Sport & Social Group.
Sport & Social Group hosts sports leagues and events for adults.
After graduating from Queen’s University and Wilfrid Laurier, Rob began a career in management consulting, which he found particularly spirit crushing. When he found the Sport & Social club in its early years, he loved the entrepreneurial feel and industry vibe. Starting from 3 employees and 200 teams, SSC has grown to host 10,000 teams playing across 11 locations. They have a goal of hitting 1 million members and are well on their way to scaling the organization.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Ways to stay in sync with the CEO while still leveraging strengths but not starting all ideas right away.
- How your meeting cadence can ensure alignment within a leadership team.
- Why hiring, evaluating, and firing against your core values is important.
- The delicacy of managing and motivating people.
- The job of a COO is to align the leadership team to the rest of the company.
- Stay working at a company as long as you are learning something.
Connect with Rob Davies: LinkedIn
Check out Sport & Social Group: https://sportsocial.club/
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.”