Our guest today is Ginny Lee, the President and COO of Khan Academy.
Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created to provide “a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere”. The organization produces micro lectures in the form of YouTube videos, as well as exercises and tools for educators. All resources are available for free to anyone around the world
Ginny Lee joined Khan Academy in 2016 as president and chief operating officer (COO) after a year as CEO-in-Residence at a private equity firm based in San Francisco. Prior to that, Lee was part of Intuit’s leadership team for 17 years where she led a team of more than 900 employees. Lee earned a dual BA in business economics and organizational behavior and management from Brown University and an MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The need to stay aligned to your mission and staying pure to what you’ve set to better the company.
- 5 dimensions by which to be a leader.
- Employees, customers, and shareholders and the role each of these plays in the success of a company.
- The importance of having complementary skill sets between the CEO and the COO.
- Shifting to an employee centric culture and what this entails.
- Learning ways to say “no” to more through focus.
Connect with Ginny Lee: LinkedIn
Check out Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Salman Khan on Ted Talks: Click here
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.
COO Alliance: www.cooalliance.com