Roman Cowan, is the Chief Operating Officer of College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving and he is our guest today.
After his success working in accounting at a national outsourced call center, Roman leveraged his skills, hard work ethic and positive mindset to achieve his professional goal of working with College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving. When he started with the company, Roman’s natural charisma led to him acting as an unofficial leader for the financial teams and affiliates. He has officially been playing the COO role since 2016 and has guided the company to achieve record growth in that time.
College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving is the premier moving, junk hauling, and hourly labor service. It is also the fastest growing moving franchise in the country. The HUNKS (Honest. Uniformed. Nice. Knowledgeable. Service) provide high-quality full-service moving assistance, loading and unloading help, junk removal services, or just an extra pair of hands to move furniture.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The benefits of screening employees for core values up front
- What it means to “overwhelm the market” effectively
- How College Hunks extensive franchisee training has led to excellent dividends
- Making company culture the foundation in your business
- How being a member of the COO Alliance has supported Rowan in his role
- Why College Hunks chose unlikely pairing orange and green as their company colors
- How Roman maintains company culture by regularly begging potential hires
- How “parking lots” help Roman and his founders resolve disagreements and stay on the same page
Connect with Roman: LinkedIn
Check out College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving: collegehunkshaulingjunk.com
Get Cameron’s latest book “Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable.”