Years ago I realized that hiring people was a bad deal. Don’t get me wrong, we need employees, but often we can’t hire the most senior people we’d like, in all the roles we’d like to have them in.
We just can’t afford to hire a complete, full time, A Level Team. So, if we can’t hire them full time, what if we could hire them part-time, VERY part-time…
Part-time, fractional experts, can swoop in, or work remotely via Skype with you, to only focus on what you need them to.
Here are areas in which every company should consider using a fractional expert in:
Most companies can’t afford a real CFO. They may have controllers or bookkeepers with titles like VP Finance or CFO, but in reality they don’t have CFO skills at all. And most Entrepreneurs don’t have the finance skills to run their company correctly and end up relying on unskilled advice. I have a team of 18 CFOs, with a vast variety of experience from tons of industries. For 2-4 hours a month, they look over your financial statements in detail for you. Then they come back to you with coaching opportunities or areas for you to look into or have your finance team clean up. i.e., you’ll have a CFO in your back pocket. And it is way less expensive than you think. Typically only about $1-2k a month.
Executive Search / Recruiting
Most companies can’t afford to hire a full-time recruiter. Or if they can, they probably can’t provide a team of them. That’s the first hurdle. The second is, the most recruiters suck.
Over the years I’ve sourced four executive recruiters that are bulletproof. And you won’t know their names because they’re under the radar, and mainly in stealth mode in helping great companies recruit or poach great A Players.
The thing to remember with recruiting is that most amazing employees aren’t unemployed and looking for jobs. They already have jobs, have no intention of leaving, and you have to know where they are to poach them. Here are the the companies that I work with primairly.
– Search Company 1 – C-Level Roles Only, Total Compensation per role needs to be $400k+. They crushed a COO hire for one of my clients which helped him later sell his company to Go Daddy.
– Search Company 2 – Mid Level Managers & Executives. $75k-$300k roles. Retained & Contingency Rates. And they obsess over Cultural Fit first. I actively refer them, and they are even sponsoring my speaking tour this year.
– Search Company 3 – Mid Level Managers & Executives. $75k-$300k roles. Contingency Rates. I’ve actively referred them for two years. And half my clients even use them.
– Search Company 4 – Salespeople, Sales Managers, Sales Execs – i.e., ONLY sales roles. Wicked smart ‘sales’ focused team. They nailed a VP Sales for one of my past clients.
If you still advertise in the Yellow Pages, skip to the next section, however, if you’re spending money on any of these areas I have two potential introductions for you that can blow wide open your revenues and growth.
For 20 years, I’ve heard CEOs complain about how crappy all the companies are in this space. And I agreed. Several years ago, however, I found two companies who crushed it for tons of the companies I introduced them to.
Way smarter to have these teams doing it than to hire some 24 year old and hope they know what they’re doing.
– Digital Marketing Company 1 – Min Monthly Spend $15k / Month. I’ve introduced companies who spend $100/Mth with them. And they have clients 10x bigger than that. Entrepreneurial Team. Fantastic SEO Depth too.
– Digital Marketing Company 2 – Min Monthly Spend $5k / Month. I’ve introduced tons of companies to them. Great Entrepreneurial Team. Fantastic SEO Depth too.
Most companies have an $80,000 Director of Marketing, who is a jack of all trades, master of none. Or they have a small marketing team of 3-4 people.
We’d all love to have the former Chief Marketing Officer of a significant brand helping us with strategy, direction, coaching our people, etc., but who can afford the $350,000 salaries they need?
I have a database of about 40 former Chief Marketing Officers who will do all of that – for only a few thousand dollars a month. They can work with you and your team on strategy, budgets, calendar, tactics, implementation, etc., and they also can coach your Director of Marketing for you in person or via Skype, instead of the blind leading the blind.
Growth isn’t hard; we just make it difficult for ourselves when we expect tremendous results from junior employees. Imagine having experts in each of these areas in your back pocket.
If you’d like an introduction to any of the amazing companies I mentioned above I’d be happy to help. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and my team will get in touch with you.